Chemist and / or Laboratory Technicians will\nbe responsible for analysis and reporting of various products such as\ncrude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and\npetrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc.
Oil, Gas &\nChemicals (OGC) Services, is a division of SGS, is the market leader\nin independent inspection, testing, verification and specialized\ntechnical services to the Oil, Gas and Chemical industries.
Join a\nleader - SGS is much more than just a place to work. It's a\nplace where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills\ninto high gear and grow.
- Responsible for\nall Laboratory analysis (hands-on working on the Bench).
- Understand\nand keep current with all Laboratory safety and reporting\ntechniques.
- Chemist will assist Laboratory Technicians in\ntraining.
- Complete all Laboratory reports, as applicable.
-\nUnderstand and keep current with all Laboratory analysis methods.
-\nResponsible for the operation of Gas Chromatograph and other\nLaboratory equipment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and\ncalibration of Laboratory equipment.
- Position requires a dependable\nand reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of\nthe Department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related\ncourses. Prior experience a plus.
- Laboratory Technicians should\nhave prior experience but we are will to train.
- Knowledge in API\nstandards.
- Position may require you to return to the facility other\nthan regular business hours, which can include evenings, weekend /\nholidays, when needed to meet business commitments.
- Must be able to\nwork with all chemical, petrochemical and petroleum products.
- Must\nbe able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.\n
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while directing\nnumerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
- Excellent\npresentation, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated\nability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both\ninternally and externally.
- Maintain current knowledge by attending\nseminars, lectures, meetings and professional conferences.
- Ability\nto gather and review resources and select and synthesize data for\nreports and other written materials.
- High level of accuracy is\nrequired, with special attention to details
-We offer competitive benefits including Medical, Dental,\nVision, Retirement programs, Company Paid Life Insurance, and\nopportunities for growth!
-Competitive salary based on experience.
-To\nperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform\neach essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are\nrepresentative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
-This\njob description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of\nduties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of\nthe job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to\nassign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any\ntime.
-SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SGS North America
Website : http://www.us.sgs.com/
SGS North America Inc. Industrial Services Division is a true global service provider for technical verification, inspection, testing and conformity assessment in industrial markets. Accredited for numerous governmental regulations and national and international standards, Industrial Services is your local partner with global experience and connections. We are ready to go further than that. Together with you we will find the solution that best fits with your specific situation.