Title: IT System Engineer/Remedy Developer/ITIL
Location: USA-MS: MISSISSIPPI-STENNIS SPACE CENTER
Exciting Opportunity with CSC Customer, DHS, in Stennis, MS. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance (EOD).
Remedy Development Professional
Responsibilities include supporting the development of new functionality within a Remedy 7.x ARS environment, developing services within a Remedy 7.x SRM environment, and implementing new processes for added services. Familiarity with the Remedy CMDB and ITIL processes is desired.
Essential Job Functions
· Provides complex design documents and translates into component-level designs to accelerate development. Assists in developing strategy, design and data gathering approaches.
· Provides high level design expertise in support of development team efforts to provide flexible reusable components to increase cost effectiveness. Analyzes, designs and reviews design of applications and suites of applications to ensure that customer specifications are satisfied.
· Assists in overseeing relationships between application architects and development teams to ensure that product development and implementation are coordinated. Works with product development teams and senior designers in developing design requirements that are accurate and relevant to company needs. Recommends alternative courses of action as appropriate to meet requirement needs.
· Reviews and analyzes gathered information in technical research; evaluates tools and methodologies to ensure that designs adhere to current industry, client and company standards. Develops and provides technical documentation, participates and oversees test-plan development, integration and deployment.
· Assists in overseeing business process work sessions, project meetings and joint applications development sessions to ensure that product design decisions are communicated to departmental personnel.
· Functions as a domain expert and works closely with software developers to explain the application design, and coordinates activities between the two functions to enhance product quality and efficiency. Participates in cost analysis studies to determine feasibility of approaches.
· Utilizes experience in development methodologies, coding documentation, testing methodology and industry standards to define and develop project requirements, functional specifications and detailed design of application solutions for clients.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Guides the work of less experienced developers to create, maintain and communicate details of application designs to ensure that designs are according to specifications.
· May provides technical consulting on complex projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
Essential Job Functions
* Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
* Performs and evaluates cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines.
* Recommends moderately complex systems investment(s) to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future performance, stability, and systems management/life cycle issues.
* Provides escalated, highly complex technical support to customers by investigating and resolving systems-related matters of significance; provides support telephonically and/or electronically.
* Plans, conducts and oversees the technical aspects of projects; coordinates the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
* Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex system requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of same.
* Reviews literature, patents and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology. Prepares reports regarding new technology to communicate to appropriate personnel.
* Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Four or more years of product design and support experience
· Experience working with software design, software development life cycle, and development methodologies and implementation
· Experience working with product systems design principles
· Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
· Experience working with company application development policies and procedures
· Experience working with company software and hardware products and related business issues that may impact overall business plans
· Familiarity with ITIL terms and methodologies
· Experience configuring and customizing Remedy 7.5 is desired
· Good analytical, problem solving, creative thinking and design skills applicable to multiple products
· Good communication skills to communicate with application developers, customers, support personnel and management
· Mentoring and training skills to guide and direct work of less experienced specialists
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor?s degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
* Seven or more years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, operating systems programming or naval architecture
* Experience working with computer hardware, operating system software and desktop applications with a specific concentration in one or more areas
* Experience working with one or more structured programming languages
* Experience working with design principles and applications
* Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
* Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
* Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
* Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
* Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
* Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
Computer Sciences Corporation.
Website : http://www.csc.com/