The Shaw Group provides premier engineering, design, construction, and maintenance services to government and private-sector clients in a wide array of industries, including the energy, environmental, infrastructure, and emergency response markets.
Environmental regulatory inspection liaison/Environmental compliance assessor
Work activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Acting as an interface with regulatory agency personnel on behalf of Shaw's client. Collecting and evaluating information obtained during field assignments and effectively summarizing related findings. Having a working knowledge about federal and state environmental regulations is desirable. Performing environmental compliance audits with a focus on hazardous materials and hazardous waste management. Ability to interact and interview site personnel, complete audit checklists, and review site activities for compliance with state and federal hazardous materials and hazardous waste regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate observations made in the field, understand technical concepts, be fully aware of the need for maintaining regulatory compliance on behalf of Shaw's Client, and conform to applicable technical standards as well as company policies and procedures. Process assigned environmental permit renewal for a national client which includes but is not limited to:
• Contacting agencies to obtain renewal information/documentation, follow-up on submittals, ask clarifying questions
• Organizing and saving documentation related to submittals
• Documenting detailed process progress
• Uploading documents and information to a real-time client database and to Sharepoint sites
• Will also assist with administration duties including filing, answering phone, assisting manager and group.
• Will also be able to travel to visit sites and regulatory agencies and assist with other commercial, state, and local projects associated with due diligence and compliance aspects.
Must have a BA or BS in Environmental Science or related field. Develops competence in own area by performing routine work. Has basic knowledge of theories, practices and procedures in a discipline or skill. Applies knowledge and skills to complete own work. Understands relationships between work processes and the business. Is aware of costs related to own work. Organizes own work to meet deadlines set by others. Communicates information, asks questions and checks for understanding. Good writing skills. Builds team effectiveness skills within own work team. Must have knowledge of regulatory compliance, auditing, or due diligence. Familiarity with federals and state environmental regulations desirable. Will be required to travel. Must have good driving record. One to five years of experience required. Prefer local candidates (no relocation). Excellent writing and verbal skills required.