**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
All jobs at this company
Regulatory & Ecological Services, Lafayette, LA
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
– proactive interactions with clients and internal survey project managers, leading client project meetings, communicating and presenting ecological project information and services both internally and externally. Prepare detailed scientific reports and presentations for private sector and government agencies.
– consulting at the highest level in regards to making suggestions or advising clients of ecological requirements for drilling & installation of infrastructure, pipeline installations and building of mitigation banks in Louisiana.
– taking initiative to make client contacts through previous or ongoing industry relationships, selling services to new and existing clients independent of others. Review and prepare responses to bid requests, proposals and requests for proposals.
– willingness to continue development and training of self and willingness to train others
– Bachelor Degree required in Ecological/Environmental Science or Biology discipline required.
– Five plus years in completing Ecological/Environmental projects in the oil and gas industry required; experience working with federal, state, and local governmental regulatory bodies also desired.
– extensive knowledge of all regulations specific to Louisiana involving the Corps of Engineers, US
Wildlife & Fisheries, Threatened & Endangered Species, Coastal Zone Management, Department of Natural
Resources and associated agencies.
– project resolution thinker with proven technical writing abilities. Microsoft Office, Internet research
capabilities and ArcMap experienced required. Ability to read and interpret technical regulatory information; work
independently with minimal support from others; lead other biologist/scientist/technicians in the field.
: Travel within Louisiana on a regular basis to project sites and as needed outside of Louisiana to complete field projects or attend meetings and/or conferences. Must be available to work 40 – 60 hours per week on an as needed basis.
Military candidates with a degree in Environmental Science or Biology, plus 5 years working on environmental/ecological projects may qualify to fill this position.
About the Company:****
| **** ZipRecruiter, Inc. All rights reserved.
John Chance Land Surveys, Inc.
Website : http://www.jchance.com/
John Chance Land Surveys, Inc. (JCLS), is among the world's most trusted and innovative survey service companies. Four decades of experience, first-class performance and superior technology make JCLS the standard of excellence for survey quality. By combining the most modern equipment and techniques available, JCLS offers a broad range of land surveying services. These include exploration and production surveys, pipeline surveys, unitization surveys, government surveys, regulatory compliance services and ecological services. Chance land surveyors use both conventional and contemporary methods of surveying, incorporating the latest in surveying and mapping technology. As pioneers in commercial satellite positioning, the company's surveyors are considered industry experts in automated data collection, Global Positioning System (GPS) and STARFIX®, the latter of which was developed and first marketed by John E. Chance & Associates, Inc. in the 1980's. Technical experience and historical data in our land and geographical inform