120000GV','LensCrafters Planning Manager','LUXOTTICA-US-OH-Mason 45040','None','Planning/Allocation','!*!GENERAL FUNCTIONAL/MANAGERIAL
Analyze performance within the department, plan purchases and manage inventory to achieve financial objectives of department (sales mix, inventory turn, initial markup). Provide the analytical and process oriented skill set to complement the Product Managers product/assortment knowledge and cooperatively manage the department.
Own/Manage multiple processes within the product planning group. Develop/Manage business plans that are in alignment with company strategies that also incorporate contingency plans that allow for anticipation of obstacles. Establish/execute group work goals that are results oriented, yet allow creativity and vision.
· Inspire the team to share in the vision or company/department goals.
· Model the way/behavior that you expect from others through clear guiding principles
· Challenge the process by searching for opportunities to grow, improve and innovate.
· Foster collaboration and trust through enabling others.
· Create a culture of recognition and celebration of others contributions.
· Lead/coordinate cross functional activities with other managers within the organization
· Responsible for all activities and deliverables.
· Administer subordinate training, annual performance review
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare quarterly COM (cost of merchandise) forecast and provide to Finance Department for profitability analysis
· Project monthly inventory ownership based on forecasted sales, planned purchases and other adjustments and provide to Finance Department for capital analysis and budgeting
· Analyze impact of supplier cost changes and prepare inventory roll forwards to account for sell off and planned purchases
· Analyze impact of retail price increases and overall department IMU, A$S and gross profit and provide to:
· Forecast monthly department/classification unit sales based on seasonality, trends and TY/LY analysis
· Provide Lens Sourcing team and lens vendors with revised material forecasts
· Determine impact of promotional activity on sales and adjust forecast for related items
· Evaluate performance at a style/SKU level and forecast sales/replenishments based on style cannibalization, stock position and expansion plans within the assortment
· Supply upper management with analysis of key performance indicators within department/classifications
· Control corporate expenditures on inventory through OTB (open to buy) management
· Determine monthly purchase quantities based on forecasted inventory needs, production minimums and factory capacity levels
· Evaluate inventory supply to support promotional events and communicate issues to marketing representatives/upper management
· Adjust style/SKU sales/replenishment forecast appropriately to account for stockouts
· Determine proper D.C. supply levels by product, consistent with vendor shipping history.
· Monitor D.C. inventory levels and guide Product Management team on product expansions/contractions based on weeks of supply and sell thru potential
Store Inventory Management
· Prioritize stores for replenishment based on individual inventory need and weeks of supply
· Monitor store inventory positions following weekly replenishments and supplement through D.C. transfers and model stock changes
· Initiate excess recalls of actual inventory vs. model stock at a store/sku level back to the D.C. to minimize markdowns and maximize distribution of product
· Proactively address inventory issues and provide Merchandising team/Lens Hotline information/direction for store communication
Store Model Stock Management
· Ensure store inventory plans (Lenses = Model Stock) are in line with capacity requirements from Merchandising team and/or assortment minimums from Product Management team
· Assign product assortments to stores based on inventory plans & on hand position
· Identify the impact of store and assortment changes on inventory and prepare action plans to align with targets
· Analyze store sell thru vs. corporate averages and recommend removal of auxiliary sku’s on a store by store basis
','!*!KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Working knowledge of Planning, Buying and Merchandising principles
· Ability to transform ideas into action in demanding environment
· Proficient computer skills - Excel, merchandising and planning systems
· Able to develop and communicate financial plans and results from a merchandise perspective
· Strong critical thinking and analytical/mathematical skills - able to extract conclusions from available data
· Excellent project management
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced dynamic environment. Ability to manage multiple agendas with a clear focus on results.
· Capable of communication with a diverse range of individuals and audience size
· 6 years work experience in retail planning, buying, or optical industry experience
· Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Retail or Finance
· Or 10 years relevant work experience, minimum of 7 years managerial
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities preformed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.','LensCrafters Planning Manager
Sunglass Hut International
Website : http://www.sunglasshut.com