JOB CATEGORY: Software Engineering: Build
LOCATION: Stockholm, SE
Skype is software that\nenables the world's conversations. Millions of individuals and\nbusinesses use Skype to make free video and voice calls, send instant\nmessages and share files with other Skype users. Everyday, people\neverywhere also use Skype to make low-cost calls to landlines and\nmobiles. Download Skype to your computer or mobile phone at\nskype.com
As a member of the Skype Cloud Technology Team, the\n*Engineer, Build System Engineer *helps Skype Engineering Product\nDelivery teams to develop Skype Software. The job holder has to\nautomate builds, work with configuration management and develop Skype\nBuild Systems Framework
Engineer, Buildsystem Support key\nresponsibilities are:
- Develop and maintain the Continuous\nIntegration system (like QuickBuild, SVN, GIT, Nexus etc)
- Work\nactively with other teams (ex Operations and QA) in creating\nContinuous Delivery Framework
- Support and coach product engineering\nteams on creating and maintaining their build process
- Maintain the\ndocumentation and tutorials of your area of responsibility for the\nwhole Skype Engineering Community
Knowledge and skills\nrequirements
Expertise/Experience must have
- Experience with\nprogramming and scripting languages (bash, python, java)
- Experience\nwith Version Control software such as Subversion and/or Git
- Expert\nuser level skills in Operating System configuration and administration\nof Linux/Unix and Windows.
- Good understanding of Software\nDevelopment Lifecycle and different software development models
- Good\nunderstanding of Continuous Integration process
- Has a good\nunderstanding of security in software development processes and is\nable to identify security risks and manage them.
- Ability and\nwillingness to do several tasks in parallel
- Ability to gather and\nanalyze requirements from a large set of customers
- Very good written\nand spoken English
- Very good communication skills
- Knowledge\nof different software building tools such as ant, maven, ivy, make,\ncmake etc
- Experience with variety of Distributed Version Control\nSystems
- Experience with implementing CI processes and working with\nCI tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Quickbuild, TeamCity
- Has\nexperience with maintaining or developing web applications or\nsystems
- Java development and debugging skills
Problem solving skills\n/ analytics
• You want to strive for excellence in the things\nyou do, especially when you are writing software.
- You are willing to\nwork incrementally and are comfortable with change.
- You are creative\nand like to generate new ideas, spot possibilities and explore the\nareas where others haven't gone.
- You have good communication\nskills and are not afraid to work in multicultural company that is\nspread across the globe.
- Expressing your own ideas for different\npeople with different viewpoints is an interesting challenge rather\nthan impossible obstacle for you.
•You wish to learn something\nnew and making use of that in your work is a regular thing for you.
-\nYou are a team player and enjoy working together with other developers\nof all personality types.
- The candidate should\nhave demonstrated skills and experience in working within/\ncontributing to high performing teams, while mentoring junior team\nmembers.
- Confident and articulate in expressing\ntheir ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges
-\nCultural sensitivity and a proven ability to work with teams and\npartners across multiple geographies.
- A sense of personal ownership\nis required, together with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines\nwhile managing internal stakeholder expectations
- The job holder should be creative and passionate about\ngenerating new ideas with a drive to explore areas where others\nhaven't gone.
- Have the stamina and tenacity to deliver great\nsoftware solutions, with a passion for working with other developers\nof all personality types
- BS or MS degree in\nComputer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work\nexperience.
- Min of 4-6 years experience of applicable work\nexperience
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Website : http://www.microsoft.com